Safe chatting and privacy
2go takes the privacy and safety of its users very seriously. For this reason, we've provided some information on safe chatting.
2go safety features
2go implements the following measures to protect our users' privacy:
- Your cellphone number is never exposed - you can chat anonymously.
- Users are in control as to who they choose to share information with. No personal information is given without the user's express permission.
- Your profile (and picture) cannot be viewed until you have approved someone as a friend.
- You must preview someone's profile before accepting their friend request.
- Users can be block those they don't wish to speak to.
- Minimum age limits apply to certain chatrooms.
- Chatrooms are moderated to monitor and censor profanity.
- Chatrooms for younger audiences are censored against profanity.
- You can set a chatroom nickname different to your user name to hide your identity.
- Minors can submit an abuse report for users who they feel uncomfortable with.
- Users who repeatedly break the 2go terms and conditions are banned from the 2go community.
Do's and don'ts
- Don't share personal details (such as your physical address, work address, cellphone number etc.) with strangers.
- Don't engage in conversations or share information with people you feel uncomfortable with.
- Keep your mobile phone number safe, there is no need to give your number out in chat rooms or to strangers.
- If you want to meet someone you have met on 2go, do so in a public place. If you are a minor, consult a parent or guardian before doing so. Remember to tell someone else where you are going and when you will be home.
- Don't give out your 2go password to anyone (2go staff will never ask you for your password).